How to setup the ASUS RT-AX88U router
When you purchase the router for the first time, it does not consider as a secured WIFI network. Login to the web interface of the router and then change the SSID, password, and the IP address of your router. In the following guide, we are going to take you through the whole setup process of your router, from the beginning to the end. First, we need to install the router, then power it on. Then take a computer to connect with the router, and to configure it.
Connect the modem to the Ethernet cable
Your router should be connected to the modem to provide the local network using an internet connection. get an Ethernet cable, and plug it into the Ethernet port or the WAN port of the modem. All the LAN and WAN ports are located at the rear of the modem, and the router too. One of the ends of the cable will be pinned into the WAN of the modem, whereas the other end will be pinned to the WAN of the router. These ports are usually in yellow.
Supplying the power
To supply the power to your router and the modem, use the powerline adapter that you have got with your product. Locate the power cable slot on your router and the modem, and then first, plug the router to the power supplying unit, then connect the modem to the power supplying unit, after turning on the router, turn the modem on. If the LEDs of the router and the modem are not blinking, then press the power button at the back of the modem and the router. The LEDs should be solid and stable to convey their readiness.
Asus Setup configuration device
After connecting the modem and the router using the ethernet cable, now you have to connect the computer with the router. The computer can be connected to the router’s local area network means the LAN port using the Ethernet cable. Both the end of this Ethernet cable will be hooked to the LAN ports of the router and the computer. then turn on the computer to follow the further setup process of your router.
Asus router login to the web-interface
launch a web browser and then unlock it. After that unlocking, the browser navigates it to the default IP address of your router. There you will type the IP 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, then the login window will be flashed on the screen. There you have to type the username and the password of your Asus router login. ADMIN is the username and the password of your ASUS router setup that should be entered at the login window. Now the home page of the router has been unlocked.
Changing the Asus router login credentials
A successful login to the router must be led to change the Asus router login credential to ensure the security of the router. In this, you have to change the SSID, Password, and the IP address. For this go to the Administration under the advanced settings of the interface page on the router. Click the System tab to change the router’s login credentials. Then type the new router login name and the password of the router. The password should be typed twice to secure and confirm the password. Now, tap the APPLY tab to save the changes and settings that you did in the whole process.
Troubleshooting for the Asus router login
If you get errors while logging in to the router, then follow these simple steps to get over from this issue.
- Manually upgrade the firmware of the router by visiting the support site of the ASUS router setup. Do not try to approach the other website to get the firmware, it can corrupt the router.
- Try to switch to the channel which is less trafficked and which has less interference on its channel pathway. Go to the Wireless>General>then go to the Band and select 2.4GHz or 5 GHz, and control the channel.
- Try to adjust the channel antennas to the different degrees that are 45 degrees, 90 degrees, or to 60 degrees. It ensures the optimal signal to all wireless devices.
- There should not be any signal barriers or the interference around the router as it prevents the signal to reach beyond the obstacles. The obstacles can be like your household devices, sofas, microwaves, ovens, mobiles, transformers, etc.
- There must be a proper ventilation system for the router to connect with the other wireless devices. It must be kept in the centre of the house.
- Clear the cache memory, bugs, and various. For this either restart or reboot the router and the modem. Resetting will lead your router to come to the default factory setting. Then again login to the router by following the web GUI login method.