This is a fantastic WIFI router, juiced-up-for-gamers and is an excellent WIFI router to boost your home with a strong tri-band WIFI coverage with its eight antennas. While gamers are already sworn by wired network connections, wireless can be considered more important for general usage and gaming. If you want to know about the wired connection of your Asus GT-AC5300 router, then it provides you with eight ports which are twice of Asus RT-AC5300 router. Moreover, it provides you a slightly higher spec which you won’t find in other Asus routers. It has bristles with advanced features, including specific QoS and fast acceleration to optimize your WIFI connection.
You will be surprised to know that Asus GT-AC5300 as a gaming router flies, but not very cost-effective. Its aforementioned wifi router which is RT-AC5300 is a slightly cheaper option, but when you see its features and capabilities, then Asus GT-AC5300 router is much better. If you want to know about its features more specifically, then it gives you MU-MIMO, Link Aggregation, Adaptive QoS, 8- external antennas, Traffic Analyzer, 8 Gigabit LAN, one GB RAM, One WAN, and 2 x USB with the version 3.0, etc.
Asus Router Setup: ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
There are two basic methods which you can use to set up your WIFI router. One of which is using a web browser and the other is using an Asus app. Asus router setup needs to avoid some common mistake that people usually do while making configuration to their Router Asus. First, you need to understand the basic configuration of your device, so that you don’t waste too much time in the process of Assu router setup: ROG Rapture GT-AC5300.
Get familiar with all of available porta and LED lights on your router. It helps to configure and manage your router Asus settings. Make sure that the internet connection that you are going to use for the Ass router setup process is stable and powerful. There should not be any capping on your internet data provided by your ISP provider. Make a note of user name, password, IP address and the default web address to get the Asus router login page of your ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 router.
Router Asus Configuration using a browser
- You need to connect an HKBN wall plate to the WAN port of your ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 router through its LAN cable. The other end of this LAN cable will be hooked to the LAN port of the computer used for the entire configuration process.
- Once the router and computer have connected as by the instructed steps, then you need to connect your modem to the WIFI router. The modem requires an Ethernet cable to connect its WAN port from the WAN port of the router. Make the firm connection of the router to the modem.
- Before we proceed ahead, power on the connected devices using their respective powerline adapters. Your Asus Router setup requires to press the power button available at its back to make it ready for the configuration.
- In your computer click on an available browser and navigate to its Addy. In this Addy, enter the IP address http://192.168.1.1 or enter the default web address router.asus.com and get Asus router login window.
- In this Asus router login window, you have to enter the user name/SSID and the password that you have noted from your ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 router. After that, click Login to get the home page or the Router Asus dashboard.
- The basic home page of your router lets you do more advanced settings and configurations, like password and user ID modification, WEP and WPA-2 personal configuration settings, etc.
When you will have logged in to your Asus router, Go and select the option to start the further setup process. When the advanced Asus setup process starts, you need to create a router login name and password and press Next button.
Now, you will be taken to the next configuration page of Asus router setup where you will need to fill in all the given tabs with the required information, such as WIFI Name (SSID), Security passphrase, etc. After completing the details Click on Apply to finish the whole configuration process.
Before applying new settings, the setup will you to re-enter the SSID and password. Then, log in to your Asus router using the same web browser and select WAN which is available under the Advanced Settings.
You should also select the Automatic IP address which can be found in the section of WAN Connection, then click the Apply button to confirm your selected option.
Asus router setup using the Asus App
People have fed up using the hard way methods to set up their WIFI routers. The hard-wire methods require to perform everything manually using setup software on their computers which can be frustrating for some people who are not much aware of the technology and computer networking. For the ease of such people, Asus has launched a mobile app, called Asus App which is used to perform entire settings of your router and the routerasus.net network through the app only. So, take your mobile phones quickly, and be ready to perform the setup process.
- Plug the power adapter to your modem and turn it on by pressing the power button on.
- The Ethernet cable coming out from the modem will be connected to the WAN port of your Asus Router.
- Now the power cable of the router will be hooked to the power supplying slot of the wall and turn it on by pressing the power button on the socket and at the back of the router as well.
- Make sure the power LED, Internet LED, and the Router LED is on and stable. Now, you can download the Asus app in your mobile device from the app store.
Connecting to the WIFI Network using the Asus App
- Open the Asus App in your mobile device and enable the WIFI button. The app will start searching for the available nearby Asus devices and will display a complete list on your mobile screen.
- Select your type of connection and in the prompted blanks, you are to provide the required information, like the SSID and the password.
- You may even create a new SSID and password after providing the default SSID and password as you have performed in the previous fields.
- Now, you will get the next set of options where you have to enter the new username and password, then press the next option.
- Wait till the app finish its configurations for your Asus GT-AC5300 router. When the app will finish its process, you will get a message on your mobile screen.