Asus has been the leading brand in providing users with some of the best and highly reliable networking devices like routers, modems, and range repeaters, etc. Their networking hardware is easy to access and configure and use thereof. What is important here to know about all these Asus routers here is that they are very easy to access and set up. This is due to their user-friendly and customized web address of router.asus.com and the Asus router application that can be installed on either the smartphone or the desktop having any operating system.
Asus router setup
The preliminary setup of Asus router for the wireless network and internet connection is not much difficult and anyone with less or no prior networking experience can do so. Here is what you need to do, just follow the instructions mentioned below carefully.
Primary steps for Asus router setup
- Make sure that you have all the required components for setting up your router i.e. Ethernet cables, power supply adapters, Asus router and Asus router software CD (In most models).
- Now, plug in your Asus router to the nearest and convenient power supply and switch it on.
- Connect your computer to the router with the help of an Ethernet cord in the LAN ports provided on the back panel of the router.
Now, wait for a few seconds till all the LEDs on the indicator panel turns solid, when they are solid green and stable you can proceed on.
- Open the web browser on your PC and enter the web address router.asus.com or www.router.asus.com and a login page will open asking to enter the Asus router login details which are “admin” and “admin” for username and password respectively.
- Now, once you are into the Asus router’s web setup interface, click the “Go” tab to get to the next configuration page. You will be asked to first change the default login credentials that you have entered earlier.
- Once, the new username and password are updated, the Asus router setup page will ask you to log int the device again with the new customized Asus router login details.
- Select the “WAN” button and then select the “Advanced settings” tab in the router’s web interface.
Select the WAN connection type as “automatic IP” in the field next to the WAN connection type and save the settings.
In the end, you will be required to click the “save and apply settings” tab to make all the changes effective on the Asus router. Your Asus wireless router will reboot to newly updated configuration and all internet and networking tasks can now be performed through your Asus wireless router.
Asus router login via router.asus.com
This web link of www.router.asus.com is the customized web address provided by Asus to its users for the convenient and quick access to the Asus router login page and for configuration thereof. However, this is not the only weblink or even a link to get to the login page of the Asus wireless routers.
What if router.asus.com fails to load and displays an error message?
In most of the cases, this web address router.asus.com doesn’t give any trouble, however on the odd chances, even if it fails to load, users can try to log into their Asus wireless router’s setup page through its default IPs which can either be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Is there any other way to access the Asus router setup interface other than router.asus.com or the default IPs?
Yes, there is still one method left through which the users can easily get to their Asus router’s web setup interface. This is the Asus router application. This Asus router application is available for both smartphones and computer devices.
The Asus router application can be downloaded on almost all the operating system platforms like the Android, IOS or even the Windows operating system, etc.
Asus router login failure
Why my login to Asus router via router.asus.com is failing?
This issue usually doesn’t occur with any of the Asus routers, but still, if you tend to face this issue, here are some of the troubleshooting steps that can be followed to get this Asus router login failure issue resolved.
Read the solutions carefully.
If this issue persists for a longer time than usual, then try to access the router interface through its default IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Also, make sure to check the power supply of your Asus wireless router and see if all the power connections are proper and inspect the Asus router’s power adapter.
This router login failure issue can also be due to an outdated or incompatible web browser. The preferred web browser to be used for any of the router related jobs is Google chrome. Also, keep your Google chrome updated from time to time.
If you are using your Asus router for the first time, it is advisable to connect it to the computer system with the help of an Ethernet cord provided with the router. Check if the Ethernet cord is properly inserted into the designated ports of both the devices i.e. the computer and the router.
AC1900 ASUS Router Setup Parental Control
Parental control is like a boon for all the parents, who have WIFI in their home and have children to access the internet for lots of educational purposes and the other entertainment purposes, as it gives an authentication to the parents to establish a confidential and a metered WIFI access to their kids or the young ones. We cannot prohibit the kids to use the internet, because it has become part of their education, games, indoor activities, knowledge, and infotainment. The best solution is to put some barriers to illegal or adult access for your kids. Follow the below mentioned simple steps to get this control for you, on your WIFI wireless network of ASUS AC1900 router.
- As the first stepping stone, you need to visit to the Navigation panel of your router.
- This navigation panel can only be achieved via putting in the routerasus.net at the address line of the internet exploring browser.
- Go to the Basic Settings or the General Options, from here go to the option "Parental Control".
- Punch the option "ON" to enable the parental control on your ASUS AC1900 router.
- As the next stepping stone, go and choose for the "Client Network", that you want to limit or put restrictions on the access of the internet.
- Under the MAC address field of your client, you need to enter the MAC address of your selected client network.
- In the Further core of actions, enable the "Parental Control" on the ASUS AC1900 router. In doubts or query call our experts through the access over Http //router.asus.com login.
Asus router setup hard reset to Rt-ac66u router
Before performing a hard reset we must remember a few essential things that after the reset, your RT-AC66U router will get detached from the WIFI network that it was operating earlier. Even you are going to lose your entire configurations and settings. Your custom accounts, password, username and SSID will also be lost from the memory of the router. It is recommended to you always go for the hard-reset process only in the following scenario;
- In case you are unable to get Asus router login
- In case you are unable to access the setup wizard "Http //router.asus.com login'.
- If you suddenly encounter with the issue "Forget Password and SSID".
- Fail to access the internet, even after a successful access to "Asus Router Setup".
- If the Asus router login window is not appearing after making so much effort.
- If you get the issue of Asus router setup and configuration.
Now let's try the hard-reset process for your RT-ASUS AC66U router
Hard reset is very simple and easy but has big results. It can be done only by pressing a very small button, called the Reset button, and is available on the body of the router. Press the button for a minimum of 10 seconds and keep holding the button for 10 seconds, then you may release. To press the button, you will have to use a toothpick or a hairpin as it is fixed a little inside the body of the router. After releasing the button, your router will start flashing the LED lights, that means it is rebooting now. Wait a while, and then login again using the RT-ASUS AC66U router's default credentials (Username and the password)
What is the Procedure to Encrypt the Asus Routers?
The process for encrypting the Asus routers is very much simple and there are very simple steps you need to follow while encrypting the Asus routers. Follow these steps to encrypt your Asus Router and at any point if you need any kind of help regarding Asus Router Support or simply Asus Router Help.
- Connect to the Asus Router.
- With the help of IP address open the router setup.
- Click the submit button without filling the password.
- Just disable it and click the option “Apply Changes”.
- Click on the “Security” option under the wireless.
- Click on “Apply Changes” option.
- Click on the “Channel and SSID” option and change the wireless channel for better connectivity options.
- Now change the SSID to a different name and click on the “Apply Changes” option.
These are the simple step you need to encrypt the Asus router but still if you are looking for an expert guidance for this topic or for the Asus Router Help, you can surely contact our expert team who are always ready to assist you for Asus Router Support issues.
Asus AC2900 Setup; Asus Android App
Go to the official site of router.asus.com and navigate it to find the latest version of the Asus router login App. You can even install the App from the Apple play store or the Google Play store. After downloading, install and launch the app, and look for the SSID section of your Asus AC2900 AiMesh router, and then try to get associated with it. You can also get the default SSID from the label, that is printed on your router.
- Make a login to your ASUS router setup page, then go for "More Options", and then go for "AiMesh", and then press the option "Get Started".
- As you click to the "Get Started" it would automatically start discovering for the "AiMesh Node" by default.
- In the App, click to "Manage and Control" section, and then click to "Quick Internet setup".
- Next is to click at "Setup Asus Wireless Router", and click "START" to initialize the process.
- Wait, till the time it is detecting the type of internet connection. Noe the WIFI name and the password will surely be required to fill here as the ingredients to login.
- Then out the ADMIN user name and password for the RT ASUS AC2900 router. After the App will apply the settings, then click to "Finish" the process.
- Go to settings to connect with the new WIFI name. Follow the onscreen options.
- Go back to ASUS ROUTER APP, and agree with the terms and conditions of the app. Now your router is connected with the internet WIFI network.
How to get ASUS router Blue Cave Security Settings?
In order to prevent some of the unauthorized access to your home WIFI network, you need to configure the Blue Cave wireless security settings. The welcoming step is to log in to your ASUS AC2900 router's web interface. Then make a Login to the Asus Blue Cave interface of the router, via router.asus.com and be with us in the following manners of steps for the further settings of the Blue Cave feature.
- Go to the browser and then to the Navigation panel.
- Go to the GENERAL SETTINGS, and then to the NETWORK MAP.
- On your computer screen, visit the "System Status".
- In this section, the users can configure the Blue Cave settings, such as the WIFI name, encryption, and security settings, etc.
- Give a fresh and suitable name to your WIFI network by going to the SSID section of the router.
- You can also select the encryption method for your ASUS AC2900 wireless WIFI router network, from the menu bar of the "WEP Encryptions".
What is the use of the ASUS Device Discovery App?
ASUS Device discovery app helps to discover them and find all the ASUS networking devices, such as the router, extender, IPcam, Access Point, Wireless Media Bridge, Device IP address, and log in to the firmware page of the Device, etc. All the above-described functions and networking features can be achieved from the "ASUS Device Discovery App".
How do I install and use the Asus Device Discovery App?
- Go and click to Google Play Store, to find and download the app. You can also get the from the www.routerasus.com
- Here you can download the App by scanning the QR code or by clicking the link available at our website.
- To install the App, go to the Settings>then to the APPS and Notifications> then to the APP Info, and then choose for "ASUS Device Discovery App" and click to install.
- Download and install the "Device Discovery App". After getting it installed completely on your android phone, click to open the app.
- The app will ask you to read and confirm the terms and conditions by tapping at the checkbox, below the terms and conditions agreement page.
- After getting with the terms and policies of using the app, you have to connect your android mobile with the WIFI network of your router as this can only be supported by the WIFI.
- Go to the Setting section of the dashboard of your router, and try to connect your android mobile to the WIFI network of your ASUS AC2900 router.
- To proceed ahead, you have to refresh the page first. Again, Click the refresh button to scan the wireless AP.
- Now the Device Discovery App will show you the entire list of wireless ‘AP’ in your WIFI network.
- Here you can easily find the IP addresses for all the connected devices in your WIFI NETWORK.
- opt for the model number or the WIFI name of the wireless AP, whatever you wish to manage for.
- Login your router via https://asusrouterlogin.com and get the settings done.
- Asus RT-AC86U
- Asus RT-AC66U
- Asus RT-AC51U
- Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300
- Asus RT-AX88U
- Asus ROG GT-AX1100
- asus routers
- asus router rt-ac68u
- asus router login
- asus router setup
- assu router login
- asus rt-ac86u
- asus rt-ac68u
- asus extender setup
- best asus wifi extender
- asus extender app
- asus rp-ac55
- asus access point repeater
- asus rp-ac55 review
- asus router